Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
All existing visas issued to nationals of any country except those issued to Diplomats, Officials, UN/International organizations, Employment, Project visas stand suspended till May 3, 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on March 13, 2020 at the port of departure of any foreigner for onward journey to India.
India visa issuance/services are suspended until further notice due to the pandemic. If you have an emergency reason to travel to India please contact the nearest Indian Embassy directly.
Those who intend to travel to India for compelling reasons may apply for a regular visa here
India E-visas must be obtained prior to travel to India. No documents need to be mailed to VisaHQ for processing. You will receive an Electronic Travel Authority by e-mail. Biometric details will be taken upon arrival in India.
If you have a valid visa in your old passport, this visa is still valid for entry. You have to bring your old passport along with your new passport and earlier granted valid e-Visa (ETA) document with you. Please do not apply if you have a valid visa in any other passport. Your application will be rejected. If your passport with Indian visa was lost, and you are applying with a new passport, please let us know
Former citizens of India
Former Indian Nationals that have been Naturalized must provide copy of stamped Renunciation Form or Deemed Surrender Certificate in order to apply.
Required ports of entry
Travelers must enter at one of the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam
or seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai.
However, travelers can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
Persons with Occupation Related to Media
For journalists, writers, photographers, designers, and those who work with media; regardless of purpose in India, must apply for a Journalist Visa.
• have been arrested/ prosecuted/ convicted by Court of Law of any country;
• have been refused entry / deported by any country including India;
• have been engaged in human trafficking/ drug trafficking/ child abuse/ crime against women/ Economic offense / Financial fraud;
• have ever been engaged in cyber crime/ terrorist activities/ sabotage/ espionage/ genocide/ political killing/ other act of violence;
• have by any means or medium, expressed views that justify or glorify terrorist violence or that may encourage others to terrorist acts or other serious criminal acts;
• have sought asylum (political or otherwise)in any country
Are ineligible for e-Visa and must instead apply for a visa at the nearest Indian Consulate. Please contact VisaHQ for more information.
For travellers with Pakistani passport or Pakistani origin
International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.