Proof of status in Australia. If this visa is not a physical visa label in the current passport, please download the Australia visa from the VEVO application, or follow this link.
Additional documents for a 90-day stay visa.
If applying for a 90-day stay visa (issued as a non-immigrant "O" visa), the applicant must supply a letter explaining the reason for the extended stay. This letter must be signed by the applicant. Depending on the reason for the extended stay, additional supporting documentation is required:
• To apply on the basis of visiting a Thai Spouse or Thai child of the applicant: Letter of invitation from the family member stating the purpose of the trip, duration, how long they have known the applicant and their future plans with the applicant (written and signed in Thai), Evidence that the family member is Thai (passport or ID card), copy of the marriage certificate.
• To purchase a car/house: Evidence of the contract of car/land/correspondence from the car dealership/real estate agent
• To apply on the basis of Buddhism/meditation: Evidence from a temple/Buddhist center in Thailand confirming the date of arrival and proposed the length of stay of the applicant. This must be a letter of invitation directly from the temple/center addressed to us
• To apply on the basis of medical treatment: Evidence from a hospital/clinic that states the purpose of the trip, the procedure to be undertaken and specifically requesting the non-immigrant “O” visa due to recovering and post-op checks.
• To apply on the basis of visiting a family member who is working in Thailand: A support letter from a company (in which a family member is being employed). A company registration having a capital of minimum 2,000,000 Bahts. (Not required for an Australian company.)
• To apply for volunteer purposes: Non-Immigrant “O” Visas can be issued for volunteer purposes provided that sufficient documentation is provided by the volunteer organization. Please note: The applicant must provide a "Working with Children" card for this visa type.
• Please note that the "O" category visa type is only issued to persons traveling for the purposes outlined above. It is not issued to those persons traveling purely for an extended holiday.