The Uganda Government has introduced an electronic pre-approval system. An online application must be completed by all travelers prior to arrival in Uganda. Once the application has been approved, travelers will have the visa issued and printed at the Immigration Office Headquarters at the point of entry. Bio-metrics will be taken on arrival. VisaHQ will assist you with the pre-approval process.
Fill out Uganda tourist e-visa application form online
and provide digital copies of the following documents:
Passport. Upload clear, colored copy of the information pages of your valid for at least 12 months passport.
Photo. Upload a recent passport-sized photo with a white background.
Yellow Fever Vaccination. Copy of International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
If you apply for a Multiple Entry Visa please upload:
• A copy of your Police clearance certificate from Interpol or home country.
Supported formats for uploading documents are PDF, JPEG, PNG, BMP. Minimum file size is 5 KB. Maximum file size is 250 KB.
• Copies of recommendation letters from 2 referees in Uganda.
• Cover Letter stating the reasons why you need a Multiple Entry visa.
The approval letter will be sent by email. Please be aware that you need to bring the original supporting documents with you as the final approval will be done at the selected point of entry where the visa or permit sticker will be printed and your fingerprints taken.
It is mandatory that all documents listed below are presented at the airport in Uganda:
• Printed approval letter.
• Original yellow fever certificate.
• Copy of passport information pages including pages with photo and address.
• Recent passport-size photograph.